Hollinswood Primary School & Nursery is a happy school where the focus is on positivity, inclusivity, and personal achievement.
At Hollinswood Primary School & Nursery, we put children at the centre of everything we do, and high aspirations, expectations and achievement underpins our work.
Hollinswood Primary School & Nursery has a strong nurturing and inclusive ethos secured across three phases (and two buildings) embedded in high expectations, where even the most challenging and vulnerable pupils behave well and enjoy their learning. Those who are newly arrived in the country are welcomed and provided with support which enables them to quickly flourish.
We see excellence in teaching and a love of learning as the key to succeeding in life. In a supportive, positive, and caring environment our teachers and our learners are fully committed, focused on the task ahead, passionate in overcoming obstacles and alive for a challenge.
We ensure our curriculum is engaging and develops every child’s knowledge, skills, and attitudes. We encourage all children to contribute towards, reflect on and shape their role as learners - in addition to being responsible members of the school, the local and the wider community. Using the knowledge that the natural environment can provide rich, enjoyable, and purposeful learning opportunities, we ensure all children have the opportunity to use the outdoors to learn.
As a team of staff, governors, parents and children we reflect on our strengths and successes and consider how we should build on them, providing us with additional focus and direction. This contributes to our vision for the school. We know that:
- We want to continue to develop an inclusive environment, ensuring every child, no matter what their individual needs or barriers to learning has equal access to learning and the same opportunities to achieve, thrive and progress further.
- We want to celebrate our increasing multicultural nature, welcoming and supporting all who join our school and ensuring that all school members thrive and progress further.
- We want all pupils to have access to an engaging, inspiring, broad, and balanced curriculum enriched through opportunities for music, sport, and outdoor learning. The vision of having a context rich curriculum that goes beyond the school walls is to be maintained and developed.
- We want to build a school community that lives by our four school values and where all are empowered to make a difference in their own lives and of those around them. Teaching pupils about sustainability and an understanding of how to protect and conserve the environment will continue to be an important part of this work.
- We want to maintain the ‘family feel’ of our school so that all feel safe, happy, cared for, valued, and develop a sense of belonging to the community in which they live.