PE and Sports Funding
As a general overview, the Sports Premium is being used to employ a full time PE Coach and Coaching Apprentice from Crossbar Coaching to deliver PE lessons across all classes. In addition, class teachers are also delivering high quality PE to their classes and receive regular CPD from Crossbar Coaching. We also employ a Dance Teacher from Crossbar Coaching to deliver a Dance Afterschool Club.
We run a variety of Free After School clubs to pupils where our aim is to get ALL pupils involved. Our pupils regularly have the opportunity to take part in inter school competitions across Telford and we are proud of the success we achieve at our school. This funding will ensure we can continue to involve all pupils in sports and maintain and improve upon the results we have achieved.
The government committed to spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016. On 17th July 2017 the Department for Education confirmed that the Primary PE and Sport Premium will double from September 2017. Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons;
- Support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4Life clubs;
- Provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers;
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the school games;
- Run sports activities with other schools.
Please select the reports below to view the summaries of how Hollinswood Primary School & Nursery have spent their PE and Sports Premium Grant.
PE and Sports Premium Grant for 2019/2020